Learn about Top Caribbean Medical School WUHS (Belize)
15 Years of Medical Education Experience
The WUHS (Belize) was among the first of a growing number of International medical schools to adopt a competency-based curriculum, one that provides students with excellent clinical training balanced by the development of strong interpersonal and professional skills. Below find the required competencies and courses.
Seven Core Competencies
- Effective communication
- Basic clinical skills
- Using science to guide diagnosis, management, therapeutics, and prevention
- Lifelong learning
- Self-awareness, self-care, and personal growth
- Social and community contexts of health care
In addition, the top Caribbean Medical School- WUHS (Belize) has developed a strong set of core values, a code of professional conduct, for students to embrace:
- Core Values
- Guiding Principles
- Excellence that is reflected in the innovative conduct and advancement of education, research and patient care.
- Respect for individuals who are affiliated with, or come in contact with, WUHS (Belize) students, residents, fellows, faculty, staff, employees, partners, communities, patients and families.
- Integrity that embraces the very highest standards of ethical behavior and exemplary moral character.
- Diversity that is reflected in actions that appreciate all individuals.
- Cooperation that is manifested by collegial communication and collaboration.